By implementing CMMI an organization balances productivity and processes and ensures the delivery of better-quality products and services to the customers. SBL has adopted the Capability Maturity Model
Integration (CMMI) Level 3 in adherence to our commitment to processes, quality, and continuous improvement to exceed customer expectations.
Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) is a framework for appraisal and training to achieve process improvement and is owned by the CMMI Institute, USA. CMMI is classified into five maturity levels that are further classified into process areas and again into specific practices. For achieving a particular CMMI maturity level, the organization should meet the requirements of all the process areas at that level and the levels below it. Hence, you can progress to higher levels only if you have been successfully assessed for levels below them.
Several industries across the world have adopted CMMI including the major organizations in countries like the USA, China, India, Australia, Egypt, Italy, and Russia. Adopting CMMI can bring significant benefits such as reduced costs, increased ROI, improved customer satisfaction, improved productivity, and timely delivery of products and services.
CMMI Level 3 and its implementation
CMMI Maturity Level 3 is the “Defined” stage of the five Maturity Levels. It has nineteen process areas consisting of Process Quality Assurance (PQA), Peer Reviews (PR), Requirements Development & Management (RDM), Verification & Validation (VV), Managing Performance & Measurement
(MPM), Process Asset Development (PAD), Process Management (PCM), Estimating (EST), Monitor & Control (MC), Planning (PLAN), Causal Analysis & Resolution (CAR), Decision Analysis and Resolution (DAR), Configuration Management (CM), Product Integration (PI), Risk & Opportunity Management (RSK), Organizational Training (OT), Technical Solution (TS), Governance (GOV), and Implementation Infrastructure (II). When an organization is awarded CMMI L3 it means that its engineering processes comply with the requirements of these process areas.
Process of implementing CMMI Level 3 at SBL
- It begins by identifying the scope and performing the gap analysis. At this stage, a clear case for process improvement through CMMI is gathered that can be used to buy in the support of all the stakeholders.
- Form a Steering Committee to oversee the implementation and a Software Engineering Process Group that consists of subject matter experts from the various management and engineering domains to support the implementation.
- The next stage is to provide the staff with the required training for the transition and implementation.
- The procedures are then developed, finalized, and implemented.
- The organization can now perform SCAMPI Class C followed by training the team for appraisals.
- After this, the SCAMPI Class B and SCAMPI Class A should be performed and the organization has to send the results to the CMMI Institute.
- Once the assessment is completed, the organization becomes a CMMI L3 organization.
SBL’s commitment to CMMI L3 quality
SBL’s Software product division has been appraised as CMMI L3 for the consistent quality that we have ensured in our processes and procedures. We have streamlined the entire product development cycle from design to development, implementation, and testing. There are proper validation strategies and effective risk management systems in place. The organizational level processes are well-established and we promote an environment of continuous learning within the organization.
Our team follows the best practices in the product life cycle to meet our customer’s quality expectations and also ensure the timely delivery of services within budget. With CMMI Level 3 certification we are reinforcing our commitment to quality and working to establish a strong footprint in the technology domain, focusing on:
- Digitizing complex manual workflow of organizations like parliaments, municipalities, etc which can be extended to other institutions with manual processes and paper-based file movements. Our products/solutions can help them digitize their operations and enhance them with AI/ML capabilities.
- Enabling business enterprises to embrace the AI/ML wave with functional consultants and developers. Our team is blessed with experienced business architects and subject matter experts who can comprehend the client’s problem statement and convert them into business requirements further design, develop and deliver product or solutions following best practice and process which is matured and assessed by CMMI Level 3.
When you do business with SBL you can be assured of high service quality backed by our well-defined processes and procedures that meet the CMMI L3 standards. Continuous quality improvement is the motto that helps us to retain our excellence and always exceed customer expectations.