Responsive web design is becoming popular in the web design industry. It is simply the next step in the evolution of the web — one that will see all sites become responsive, giving users the ability to view a site on any device, at any time.
So far we have been creating websites that follow a static design. As Internet access from mobile devices becomes easier and easier, a static website design that looks good on a computer screen is no longer sufficient. This brings the need to create websites that look great on all devices. Web pages should be designed to adapt to different devices and screen sizes, like smartphones, tablets and laptops.
With responsive web design, you can ensure that your website displays its best on mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop screens. It improves user experience and provides higher conversion and business growth.
Continue reading to learn about responsive web design and its benefits.
What is responsive web design?
Responsive web design is the practice of creating websites that automatically adjust themselves to the display characteristics of the device being used to view the website. The method helps to create websites that are optimized for different devices. As the user changes the screen size, the website should change the layout accordingly. A website is displayed in the best possible way on any type of device.
Benefits of responsive web design
Here are some of the key benefits that responsive web design can bring to your business.
- Increased mobile traffic – With the growing popularity of mobile devices, it is becoming more and more important for enterprises to ensure that the website is displayed correctly on the mobile screen. This will improve the user experience and bring in more traffic.
- Lower maintenance costs – In order to support independent mobile sites, additional testing and support are required. Besides, the separation of desktop and mobile sites also requires two content strategies and two design teams. A unified responsive design method reduces headaches for developers, business owners and consumers. The shorter maintenance time also frees up time to focus on more core activities
- Faster page loading – If the website is not optimized for smartphones and tablets, navigation will take longer, which may annoy customers and force them to leave the website. Responsive design increases the loading speed of the web pages and ensures that the visitors are able to easily find the information they are looking for
- Low bounce rate – A responsive website can provide visitors with a better user experience. Therefore, they are more likely to stay longer and browse different areas of your website. This will keep them engaged and reduce the bounce rate
- Higher conversion – Ensuring a consistent user experience on all devices is the key to attracting new customers. When users consider purchasing a service, they do not want to be redirected to another website. Having a secure and professional website that looks the same on all platforms can reduce the chance of users getting frustrated or turning to competitors
Responsive web design has become increasingly popular in the recent years. As the number of devices on the market continues to grow, it becomes more and more important to use responsive design. It can bring numerous benefits for your business and ensure a consistent user experience.
Make sure that your website is ready for the future by following responsive web design. SBL can support your web development efforts with an experienced team of 1500+ engineers who have a strong expertise in the domain of responsive web design. Contact us for a demo and to discuss your requirements.