Airbrushing techniques provide a new look and feel to the photos by removing the unwanted elements without a trace. Before you edit your images, familiarize yourself with the airbrushing techniques to get a picture-perfect photo.
Scars and blemishes in the photos?
Well, photography rarely gives perfect results.
The subject, backdrop, lighting, or many other factors might distort the beauty of the photo. There are many image editing techniques to remove the flaws of the photographs and airbrushing is one of the highly effective methods in image editing.
Let’s move on to understanding the basics of the airbrushing technique.
What is airbrushing?
There was a time when photographers manually removed the minor defects in the photos using airbrushes or dyes. The advanced image editing tools like Adobe Photoshop changed the scene forever and elevated photo retouching to the digital mode. Today, we can edit the photographs precisely and remove even minor flaws like acne using airbrushing.
Airbrushing refers to any retouching work done on a photo to alter its appearance and make it attractive by removing objects, scars, dark spots, blemishes, or even altering the shapes. This skill requires a creative eye with keen observation skills to identify the elements for altering and removing it flawlessly.
Airbrushing painting techniques give a professional touch and make the image look elegant. The popular correction done using airbrushing are red-eye correction, skin tone-enhancing, dark circle elimination, acne removal, portrait retouching, and revamping old photos.,
So, are you eager to learn to airbrush techniques? Here are the airbrushing techniques for beginners to help you get started.
Steps to airbrush a photo
These instructions will help beginners to use the airbrushing painting technique on their photos.
- Choose the right software for your project. You have a wide range of choice from Adobe Photoshop to GIMP, and Coral Paint Shop Photo Pro. Select the one that suits your requirement and skill level. We usually recommend Adobe Photoshop for its unmatchable quality.
- Open the image in the software using the ‘File’ menu.
- Next, choose the eyedropper tool in the toolbox palette and select the color that you wish to use. Now use the airbrush tool and apply it to the imperfection. You can edit it further if the result is not as per your expectation.
- While using the Airbrush tool, hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse over the areas you want to edit. You will see the selected color appear in this portion.
- Always apply the new color on a tiny area to check if it matches and proceeds only if you are satisfied. You can avoid doing unnecessary edits later on by selecting the right color using this trial and error process.
- Once the new color is applied it should blend correctly with the original shade in the photo. You can blend the color using the Smudge tool.
Mastering the airbrushing technique shall simplify many aspects of image editing. You will find that with a few clicks airbrush techniques can transform the appearance of your images. The technique can give stunning images to use as your profile pictures or give attractive product pictures to upload in your eCommerce store.
SBL has displayed excellence and quality in all the image editing projects we have handled so far. Our expert team with extensive exposure to the latest photo editing tools guarantees flawless photos that are sure to catch attention. We use airbrushing techniques in photoshop and impart the best effect on your photographs. Once we are done editing your photos, we guarantee that there wouldn’t be even a minute blemish on your images.
Contact us to get your images retouched professionally by the experts in the industry.